Here at The Back Row, we focus on two things: Healing and Humor.
We've got a whole team of writers for the "Healing" side of things, but currently, just one person handles the "Humor" side, and we desire to post at least one thing to each side every day.
We need Content Creators for the Humor side who would be willing to come up with a funny article two or three times a month. Here is the kind of stuff we're looking for:
1. Featured Videos - Showcasing a funny and clean (Christian or not, as long as it's clean) with a small blurb about the video and the channel/site/creator the video came from.
2. Hashtag Parties - The Back Row holds funny hashtag parties about once a month or so, but many other Christian Twitter accounts hold them too, and we don't always catch them all. You would find Hashtag parties started by other Christian accounts and showcase the funniest tweets. You could even host your own if you are certain you can get people to participate.
3. Twitter Spotlights - Find funny Christian Twitter accounts, write a short bio about them, and then feature 10 of their funniest recent tweets.
4. Funny Interviews - Find Christian Twitter personalities or other semi-to-very popular Christian figures and ask them some serious and some funny questions.
5. Movie Reviews - Watch a movie in the theater and write up what you thought of it, how appropriate it is, how family friendly it is, and what kinda of Biblical parables could you pull from it.
6. Slideshows - We've all seen those BuzzFeed things. If you can come up with some interesting ones with a Christian theme, that would be interesting.
7. Funny Commentaries - If you want to rant about something in the Christian community (without being overly rude or inappropriate, and BEING funny), go for it.
8. Featured Content - There are great Christian web comics out there, great Christian humor sites with funny stuff that we can share and link to with our audience. If you find something funny and worth sharing, we'd make a short version and link to the original.
9. Original Web Comics - We've tried our hand at web comics in the past, but since none of us can actually produce real ones, we've used online comic generators to create them. But if you have the talent and have been wanting to launch a Christian web comic, why not launch it with us and start out with an audience of 17K?
10. Anything Else You Got - Have an idea not listed here? I'm sure there are plenty of ideas out there. Run it by me and we'll see if it'll fit.
You could do one of these or several of them, we just need more content.
If you are interested in joining our ministry and bringing laughter to the hurting, then please contact us here, stating simply that you are interested in joining the humor team, and we'll send you a questionnaire.
Thanks, funny people!